Increased fire danger on forestlands protected by the Oregon Department of Forestry’s Southwest Oregon District has made it necessary to increase the fire prevention measures on industrial operations, such as logging sites and other commercial operations. Industrial Fire Precaution Level II (two) takes effect at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, July 14, and includes the following restrictions:
- The use of fire in any form will be prohibited
- The use of power saws will be prohibited, except at loading sites, between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The use of cable yarders will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Blasting will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Welding or cutting of metal will be prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Additionally, commercial operators on forestlands are required to have fire suppression equipment on site and provide watchman service.
These regulations affect all state, county, private and Bureau of Land Management lands in Jackson and Josephine counties.
For more information about the Oregon Department of Forestry’s fire season regulations, contact the unit office in your area:
- Medford Unit, 5286 Table Rock Rd., Central Point. Phone: (541) 664-3328
- Grants Pass Unit, 5375 Monument Drive, Grants Pass. Phone: (541) 474-3152