The Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL) returns to Level 3 (three) tomorrow at 12:01 a.m. Under IFPL 3, the following fire prevention regulations will take effect on Tuesday, Aug. 26:
- Cable yarding will not be allowed. However, gravity operated-logging systems employing non-motorized carriages may operate until 1:00 p.m. and after 8:00 p.m. These systems must have all blocks and moving lines suspended 10 feet above the ground, except the line between the carriage and the chokers;
- Power saw use will not be allowed. However, power saws may be used until 1:00 p.m. and after 8:00 p.m. at loading sites and on tractor or skidder operations;
- In addition, the following equipment and operations must shut down between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.:
- Tractor/skidder, feller-buncher, forwarder, or shovel logging operations where tractors, skidders or other equipment with a blade capable of constructing fireline are immediately available to quickly reach and effectively attack a fire start;
- Mechanized loading or hauling of any product or material;
- Welding or cutting of metal;
- Any spark-emitting not specifically mentioned above.
The following IFPL regulations are currently in effect and will remain in effect:
- The use of fire in any form is prohibited;
- Commercial operations must have fire suppression equipment on the job site;
- Watchman service must be provided.
- Medford Unit, 5286 Table Rock Rd., Central Point. Phone: (541) 664-3328
- Grants Pass Unit, 5375 Monument Drive, Grants Pass. Phone: (541) 474-3152