Rain yesterday and the probability of more rain today allowed the Oregon Department of Forestry to lower the Industrial Fire Precaution Level to level 2 (two) today. This affects industrial operations on ODF-protected lands in Jackson and Josephine counties.
Fire prevention regulations for the public are unchanged.
Under IFPL 2, the following regulations are now in effect for regulated use zones SW-1, SW-2, SW-3, SW-4, SK-3, RR-1, RR-2 and RR-3:
- The use of fire in any form is prohibited
- The use of power saws is prohibited, except at loading sites, between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- The use of cable yarders is prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Blasting is prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Welding or cutting of metal are prohibited between 1:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Additionally, commercial operators on forestlands are required to have fire suppression equipment on site and provide watchman service.