Gusty winds on Saturday afternoon, Oct. 31, pushed several burning piles of debris into wildfires. The largest wildfire was the 55-acre Dunn Butte Fire, south of Ashland near Hwy 66. Other fires included:
- A 12-acre fire near Cloverlawn Drive, between Grants Pass and Murphy;
- An 11-acre fire in the Dark Hollow Rd area, south of Medford and west of Phoenix;
- A 3-acre fire on Adams Road, west of Talent;
- A 1-acre fire near Griffin Lane, south of Jacksonville;
- A 1-acre fire along East Evans Creek Road, east of Wimer;
- A 1/10th-acre fire on Tolman Creek Road, on the south end of Ashland.
Many structural fire protection agencies were involved, as well as resources from the Oregon Department of Forestry and CalFire. All of the fires were contained by nightfall and subsequent rain showers helped to quell the flames.